- I want to attend a Con. How do I register?
Fantastic! In order to attend a Con you need to register by email or phone with the Registrar before the deadline. The deadline is a week before the Con, but if you register three weeks early you will receive a discount on the registration price. Registering after the deadline will result in a late fee or being turned away if we don’t have room.
- I’m going to a con. Will there be dinner Friday night?
No. Dinner is not served at conferences on Friday night, so you should come pre-fed!
- I’m going to a Con, where do I get the registration form?
If it isn’t posted on the front page of this site, you can email the registrar Phoebe Masterson-Eckhart to register before the deadline and ask for the form. Please bring it filled out and signed with you to the Con.
- If my congregation sends youth to cons, will they stop participating at our church?
Of course not! Many youth who attend PCD YRUU events become more active in their congregations than they were before. PCD YRUU encourages youth to take active roles in their local youth groups and church communities.
- Who is in charge of making sure my church is clean at the end of a con? And will it be clean before service on Sunday?
The youth. The church is cleaned by all of the youth early on Sunday morning and yes it will be clean before service.
- I want to send my youth to the next con, but he/she will have to leave early. Is this possible?
Yes. Youth participants may leave the con early under two conditions. First, the deans must know that your youth plans to leave the conference. Second, your youth must have a note signed by you that explains the hours during which he or she will be gone and releases PCD YRUU from liability for your youth during that time. The same goes for youth who wish to arrive late to the conference.
- Everything here is run by youth. Isnt there any adult supervision?
Yes. But we wouldn’t call it ‘supervision’ exactly. Adult Advisors are around to offer guidance to our youth leaders and to step in if anything serious happens such as a medical emergency. For the most part we run on a Youth Empowerment model. We trust our youth leaders to run everything smoothly with adults in the community ready to support the youth if necessary.
- I want to talk to a real person about questions I have, how do I do that?
You can email one of our Co Conference Coordinators for general questions or the registrar for questions specific to an upcoming Conference. The CoCoCos are Abbie Tuning and Alexa Stefanko. The registrar is Phoebe Masterson-Eckhart.
- Why are there Social Action events on the front page? Are those PCD YRUU events?
PCD YRUU strongly supports Social Action in our community. We believe that by engaging in social action, youth learn more about themselves and their world. Social Action events around the district are publicized on our website and email list so that our youth will have the opportunity to participate, but they are not PCD YRUU sponsored events.